Sonntag, 8. März 2015

the last one, for Julian :)

So, here I am, at home again, after 2+2 weeks of Malta. And it was amazing!
But, there are some important things you should know before you decide to go there... First of all, Malta is minute (this is one of the new words, I learned there, so be aware, your English might improve :)), and maybe that´s why I often had the feeling, that people know me... they were smiling at me on the streets :) then I smiled back :) And Maltese drive on the wrong side of the road. Try to keep this in mind, now you think it´s impossible, I thought it too, and now I have my problems with crossing a road at home too.
Back to Malta... if you´re new there, explore the island with the Hop-on-hop-off bus, it´s fun. But don´t hop off everywhere, you can always go back to the beautiful places with the public transport, and with your classmates from school. Your classmates and other students will be your new "family" there. You can go everywhere with them. For example to Gozo, Malta´s sister island. Gozo is even smaller than Malta. You can see ancient temples, or the amazing Azure Window. Make sure your phone is fully charged or you have enough batteries for your camera. We had a taxi for ourselves, and the driver was an excellent guide. Or you can visit the old capital of Malta, Mdina. I was there three times. Or the new capital, Valletta, four times... :) The carnival was fascinating, everyone was wearing costumes, the little princesses, spidermen, batmen, lions were the cutest :) Don´t miss the tour to the Three Cities, organized by the school, and guided by Mariella. And go to the Golden Bay for the most romantic sunset in your life. Take your boyfriend too, and if you don´t have a boyfriend, just grab a random guy... no. no random guys. And if you´re in an adventurous mood, you can walk from the Dingli Cliffs to the Blue Grotto. And if you want to have even more fun, you simply can get lost, like we did :) And please, learn a lot of adjectives, because if you don´t, you can´t describe what you´ve seen. You´ll need more than beautiful and wonderful. Learn better adjectives :)
Okay, learning... there is this language school too. Which one? This one. I learned so much there, not too much grammar (but trust me, learning grammar on Malta is better than learning grammar anywhere else :) ), but real language, "functional language". You´ll hear this term, if you have Paul as a teacher. If you are more lucky than me, you could survive a nuclear war in a bunker. I wasn´t lucky enough. And don´t miss any pronunciation course of Katrin, she´s the one with red hair, and she can write these little phonetic symbols fluently (write fluently?). And if you´re there, please, please give Toni a hug, it´s from me. And if you have someone else as a teacher, don´t be afraid, i met them all on activities, dinners, they are okay too... ;)
Dinners? Yes, every week you can go on a dinner, with all the other students, and with some teachers. It´s the best opportunity to make new friends. And sign up to other activities too. I was at the laser tag, I just can say, wow. I was not good at it... but that doesn´t matter. It was the first time in my life, but not the last. Or you can go to a winery, I can tell you, the white wine is the best :) By the way, it´s Julian, who organises theese all. Thank you Julian :)
And thank you all, dear Maltalingua-Team, for this incredibly great month :)
Réka 

2 Kommentare: